The History of Bees

The History of Bees 


 Welcome to this blog, dedicated to the Norwegian novel by Maja Lunde called in Norwegian "Bienes historie", and in English "The History of Bees".

I was recently given a copy of the novel in German, and purchased a copy in French, and it occurred to me to compare the translations against each other, and against Google Translate, as a way of improving both my French and my German language skills at the same time.

I intend to proceed line by line, making a careful study of the vocabulary and the choices made by the translators as I go.

The English version of the novel that I will be working from was published in 2020 by Atria, a division of Simon & Schuster, translated by Diane Oakley.

The French version, "Une histoire des abeilles", was published in 2017 by Presses de la Cité, and was translated by Loup-Maëlle Besançon.

The German version, "Die Geschichte der Bienen" was published in 2018 by Random House, translation by Ursel Allenstein.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Page 1, paragraph 1